TENNIS ACADEMY OVERVIEW
DENNIS VAN DER MEER
Our founder Dennis Van der Meer has influenced the whole world of tennis and his presence is still felt throughout the entire Van Der Meer organization. His amazing groundbreaking philosophy and standards of excellence in tennis education are echoed daily from our well -trained staff. Known as the “Pro’s Pro”, Dennis has taught more people how to play and teach tennis than any other person in the history of the game.
- 2021 Inductee into the International Tennis Hall of Fame
- Founder of Van Der Meer TennisUniversity (Coach/Teacher Training Course)
- Founder of the Professional Tennis Registry
- Instructional editor for numerous world-wide publications
- Citation from the U.S. State Department for furthering international relations through sports education
- Honorary doctorate from the University of Greenwich, England for contributions to sports science tennis education
- Tennis Hall of Fame Inductee for South Carolina, Southern Section, North California, PTR and USPTA
- Tennis Educational Merit Award from the International Tennis Hall of Fame
- U.S. Olympic committee honoree as the “Developmental Coach of the Year”
- USTA Legendary Coaches Award
- Healthy American Fitness Leader Award from the President’s Council on Physical Fitness
- Coach of Numerous World Champions
“Dennis Van der Meer is the number one tennis teacher. He has influenced the entire tennis teaching world with his innovative techniques.” (-Billie Jean King, World Champion) Dennis coached Billie Jean when she won the Battle of the Sexes and partnered with her to form TennisAmerica in the early 1970’s.